In 2016 I started building an as-yet-unnamed model railroad.
- Era: Transition Era (1940’s-1950’s)
- Locale: Appalachian foothills
- Size: 28’ x 13’
- Track plan: Point-to-point with return loops.
- Scale: O
- Minimum radius: 36” (O72)
- Maximum grade: 3%, 10” elevation change
- Track/Turnouts: 3-rail. Gargraves flex/Ross. Some Atlas O from layouts past.
- Control: Lionel Legacy
In the plan above, dark lines are track; blue lines were planned backdrop. The mainline is fairly accurate, but the spurs and sidings are purely illustrative of what could be built.